Mike Miller For MSU
Board of Trustees
Join The Team!
Sign up to endorse Mike
A successful entrepreneur with several ventures to his credit, Mike has created thousands of jobs in both the retail and high tech sector. He has owned everything from an auto dealership to a professional auto racing team. The most recent company he created, now known as Orchid Orthopedic Solutions (located in Holt), produces nearly $500 million annual revenue by creating high tech medical devices, and employs 2000 people -- 900 just in Michigan.
Mike is one of those people who signs both sides of the paycheck. He has created the sort of jobs every Spartan family hopes their student will obtain. And he knows personally that the very best MSU has to offer will launch a career that makes dreams come true.
As a Trustee Mike will be guided by the following principles; Michigan Students first, insure that tuition increases are not automatic, insure total transparency of the administration and the Board of Trustees, support freedom of speech on campus, be accessible and attentive to students and Michigan voters.
Part of the darkest challenge Michigan State University has ever confronted literally sat at Mike and Anna Miller’s dinner table. Their daughter was a competitive gymnast, a Spartan volleyball player … and was treated by Larry Nassar. Today, like both parents (Mike graduated from MSU in 1971), she’s a proud Spartan alumna and treasures the opportunity she had to represent MSU as a student athlete.
We don’t always get to choose the path that makes us the perfect fit for a tough job.
Mike is a father with the perspective, compassion and judgement to address the damage of the university’s past and serve as the change agent MSU needs to guarantee the safe and healthy environment everyone in the Spartan family deserves. He and his family know that road well.
The challenge every university confronts is how to turn young students into highly employable graduates.
His experience as a problem solver, critical thinker, job creator, husband … and compassionate father ... are the combination MSU must have at this uniquely difficult point in its history.
Why Vote For Mike Miller?
STRONG LEADER AND JOB CREATOR
• Mike is a lifelong entrepreneur and team builder, he has started and owned everything from a retail automobile dealership to a professional auto racing team. Mike’s current company, a medical device company, employs 2,000 people — 900 in Michigan.
• His success as a leader and job creator prepares him for oversight of MSU.
- A proud Spartan graduate, Mike attributes much of his professional success to the great foundation received at MSU. Anna, Mike’s wife of 48 years, received her PhD from MSU. Mike’s brother, sister, and one of their three daughters are also proud MSU alum.
• Sadly, Mike and Anna’s daughter was a competitive gymnast and MSU volleyball player, and was treated by Nassar. Having seen the pain first hand, Mike knows that we must have a will to support the survivors of this tragedy.
• Mike will work with the administration, Office of Institutional Equity (OIE), campus police, and the prosecutor’s office to support those exposed to sexual harassment, abuse, or assault. As a trustee he will work tirelessly to insure equity for all students.
COMMITTED TO CHANGE AT MSU
• Putting Michigan students first.
• Bring a financial discipline to the board that will prevent yearly tuition hikes by managing revenue and expenses.
• Will place as his highest priority the safety and respect of everyone in the Spartan community.
• Change a board culture of secrecy and work to ensure complete transparency from the MSU Board and the administration. He will accept nothing less than open meetings and total accessibility between the board and the MSU community.
• Protect free speech on campus, allowing everyone to exercise their First Amendment rights and encouraging an open exchange of ideas.
- Jeff Sakwa
- 1st Congressional District Chair Jesse Osmer
- 4th Congressional District Chair Judy Rapanos
- 8th Congressional District Chair Norm Shinkle
- 12th Congressional District Chair Bill Runco
- Secretary of the MI GOP Hank Fuhs
“Mike Miller - a very good friend of mine, and one of the most ethical, socially conscious men I've ever known, is running for the one of the Board of Trustees for Michigan State University. I'm a Spartan. My grandfather was a graduate of the Veterinary College the first year the University became MSC (when he began it was MAC). My father graduated the first year the University became MSU. My brother, Mike, my sister, Toni, and I each graduated from MSU, as did Toni's daughter Michelle. We are Spartans and we know a great Spartan in Mike Miler. I'm telling you, this guy exemplifies the meaning of the title, "Spartan." Please give him your full support in the upcoming election. To my liberal friends... don't be shocked by his "conservative" mantra. He serves the poor, takes very good care of his employees, runs a wonderful business, is a loving husband and father, has a great mind and an even greater heart... especially for the Green and White. Fight for Mike Miller. He'll be an amazing trustee. Go Green.”
- Dr. Richard Benedict PhD
"Here's someone we can all get behind. MSU needs quality leadership more than ever, and there's no question Mike Miller is the man for the job. Sharp, focused, hard-working and brimming with passion for MSU. Go Green, Go MIKE! "
- Art Bukowski
"For what my endorsement is worth, my friend Mike Miller is running for Michigan State University Board of Trustees. Mike is exactly the person that is needed for this difficult job. He is an exceptional judge of character and a brilliant strategist. You will not find a person more qualified or of greater integrity and moral conviction. "
- Chas Howe
"Perfect choice for these times. Mike has the ability to grasp complex matters...and find the right solution(s). A proven leader...a man of immense passion and integrity."
- Lamont D. Smith
Dear Friends, “Sunshine is the best disinfectant.” This traditional metaphor means that a leadership culture making decisions in the open and under public scrutiny, rather than…
August 14, 2018
Dear Friends, Michigan State University has a culture of cronyism. This is the simple and ugly explanation for most of the damage inflicted by Larry Nassar. It’s lazy to assume…
August 6, 2018
Dear Fellow Republican, Among the unresolved issues from the Larry Nassar atrocities at Michigan State University, the most needless -- yet one of the most harmful -- is the…
July 26, 2018
Dear Fellow Republican, Today’s colleges and universities have become a bastion for supporters of liberal idealism. While these colleges and universities may allow some freedom…
July 26, 2018
Fellow Conservatives and Delegates, Over the past year or so I have received many inquiries as to if I would be announcing my candidacy for Michigan State University Board of…
July 26, 2018
Dear Fellow Republican, My name is Mike Miller and I want to join the Michigan State University Board of Trustees. I need your help. The obvious question you’re probably asking…
July 26, 2018
Join Our Mailing List
Subscribe to stay up-to-date on the latest announcements and updates from us.